• Fus-tek [Stations]
    • New Stock Parts
    • AIES [Engines]
    • Tantares [Engine only]
    • Tantares [Station only}
    • Tantares [Both]
    • Other Suggestions
    • Stock is fine just as it is

I see my self Constantly installing Part mods [mostly for engines] because the stock engines there isn't very much variety.

and without plugins stations are kinda pointless and for the most part, docking ports hitchhiker fuel and solar arrays there isnt much of a point, or again something that says hey this is MY space station I built this! not, well just a fuel depot.

I want to have more engines in stock that are like the RL-10 Centar stage or the Bio-Experiments on a Columbus module or something.

I think that only a few parts like 4-5 engines and 2-3 more station parts Can add a massively diverse space program for each player.:D

*EDIT*

On another thread I said there could be an ISRU like part, a Chem Lab for Xenon what do you think?

*EDIT*

Added Poll

here is Links to the mods up top that already have been named KW AIES TANTARES FUS-TEK

and Thank you to StanE for mentioning the KAS/KIS sysetem which could be used on stations with giant floppy truss segments.:wink:

Edited by Noah_Blade

I discovered KW a few weeks ago, and I can no longer imagine KSP without it. There are indeed a lot of lacking parts to complete the experience. Especially 5 Meter parts. Can anyone recommend a good Station parts mod? Not anything drastic and flashy, just like KW, something to complete the Kerbal experience.

What engines specifically would you want? Cause I'm against adding parts for the sake of adding parts - mods do that well enough. If anything - new parts should fill gaps in a line-up, and there's relatively few of them when it comes to engines.

One most obvious missing engine is Size 3 Poddle - short, upper stage engine for largest rocket parts.

What engines specifically would you want? Cause I'm against adding parts for the sake of adding parts - mods do that well enough. If anything - new parts should fill gaps in a line-up, and there's relatively few of them when it comes to engines.

One most obvious missing engine is Size 3 Poddle - short, upper stage engine for largest rocket parts.

Size 3 is heavy launcher parts, so I doubt we will see light engines for them.

parts like OMS engines or High Isp size 2 preferably, maybe even a size 4 rockets

The more the better, so why choose only one? :)

But I would like to have another (in my opinion) important thing: Assembly in EVA mode. KSP features decoupling, docking and ressource transfers and now even mining. But one essential thing is the ability to assemble things while on a mission, like IRL. Especially for ressource mining this is a must have. It is a little bit weird to dock with a ship to a ground station just to be able to transfer ressources. I use KAS and KIS for this (to attach pipes), which are the most useable mods for me. They make everything much more realistic and extend the abilities of the game. It would be nice to have this in the game but on the other side I like how the mods are now and I fear that Squad could make it worse. So as long as KAS and KIS are compatible with KSP, I have everything I need.

Some inflatable parts and more hitchhiker-esque pods would be great for interplanetary ships.
more hitch-hiker like parts would be a wast of time I said in the top that it should have a point to being sent up if you want a kerbal habitation bay use hitch hikes and I highly doubt inflatables will be put in.

- - - Updated - - -

The more the better, so why choose only one? :)

But I would like to have another (in my opinion) important thing: Assembly in EVA mode. KSP features decoupling, docking and ressource transfers and now even mining. But one essential thing is the ability to assemble things while on a mission, like IRL. Especially for ressource mining this is a must have. It is a little bit weird to dock with a ship to a ground station just to be able to transfer ressources. I use KAS and KIS for this (to attach pipes), which are the most useable mods for me. They make everything much more realistic and extend the abilities of the game. It would be nice to have this in the game but on the other side I like how the mods are now and I fear that Squad could make it worse. So as long as KAS and KIS are compatible with KSP, I have everything I need.

A KAS/KIS like system would be very nice for station builds. Perhaps a 3-D printer Lab? also squad has several times add parts that originated from mod to ksp so it is they're best interest to keep them alive pretty much all space-plane parts were mods at one point. Edited by Noah_Blade

more hitch-hiker like parts would be a wast of time I said in the top that it should have a point to being sent up if you want a kerbal habitation bay use hitch hikes and I highly doubt inflatables will be put in.one point.

And a row of 10 hitchhikers looks extremely dumb. It wouldn't be an issue if they melded together with no issues, but they don't. They just sit there looking dumb.

We are talking about ADDING NEW parts for stations so they would be with other science&utility parts that would still hold kerbals so lets make an image of what is what I am thinking as an example station...2 hitchhikers for habitation=8 kerbals more than enough for the 3 2.5 capsules as my personal goal for a station capacity. 2 kerbal chem lab,2 kerbal science lab [already stock], and maybe a 3 kerbal 3-d printer lab... so far this is a lot of space and doesn't look like a a lazy row of habitation has great space for even 12 kerbals and is useful in career and as new parts are being added new models and textures...

Edited by Noah_Blade

SpaceY, KW Rocketry, and Novapunch all cover the 5m niche. SpaceY also goes well with the several other Mods from the same source that open up some options such as a Shuttle-style External Tank. I tried them all with v0.90 and the SpaceY family seemed to have the edge. But the others have their own special features.

If there is to be a expension of Stock into the territory, I wouldn't be surprised if the result was something of a composite of all three.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.