The Tantares Non-Replica Repository

The Kerbin-departure stage of an N1-C in parking orbit. The Soyuz 9K-LOK "Kestrel" CSM is visible, with a next-generation LK vehicle still protected under the second set of fairings.

ZQMkU98.png?1

Well don't just sit there, show us what's under the fairings!

:cool:

Shroud and stage jettisoned...

dFDWZxe.png?1

Powered descent with a new "crasher" stage...

OXmJo9S.png?1

Seven seconds from touchdown...

fB2e9kM.png?1

Safe on the surface.

yFB3Pff.png?1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Old! Screw that! This thread is never too old! I mean, the last post was only... oh. Four months ago. Well, no matter. I'm posting here anyway.

What's better than a 'Salyut' station? In the mid-'60s? Two 'Salyut' stations! I present to you, 'Zemlya!'

ItkuO1U.png

Glorious 'Proton-FGR' rocket launch vehicle of the Soviet Union! Tremendous upgrade over ageing 'Proton-K' rocket! With 2.5 metre core instead of 1.875 metre, and asparagus-staged boosters rather than inefficient old clustered core! Отлично!

H5pw98L.png

FmR5vF3.png

Отличный booster separation of the glorious 'Proton-FGR!' Rest in peace, simple 1.25 metre booster! You have served your country proud! You are glorious hero of the Soviet Union!

1xqCSEU.png

MBwaD8y.png

rnoIYK3.png

*Scoff* Korolev would not be proud! Begone, foul boosters!

Here is tremendous first stage separation and second stage ignition!

I2VVGBE.png

kY8r5iG.png

6trOM4c.png

Fairing jettison! Красивая! Observe brilliant Soviet engineering marvel, new DOS station core! Upgrade over dusty old 1.875 metre DOS 'Salyut' cores! New 2.5 metre core, and monopropellant maneuvering engines! DOS Mk2, the 'Zemlya' module of new 'Salyut-1!'

hw6kB0z.png

FvGS92H.png

Glorious rendezvous and docking of brand-new DOS module! Valentina and Erillian Kerman, great heroes of the Soviet Union, aboard to oversee docking procedure!

9N1n3sx.png

GdNJ6El.png

Closer... and closer... and -- давай! I can't wait any longer! Full throttle!

pVvUocj.png

vqlC6Jx.png

Brilliant 'Zemlya' DOS module docks to 'Salyut-1,' glorious Soviet achievement!

INhAdzJ.png

Solar arrays deployed! Marvel at this glorious Soviet engineering and tremendous space station! Отлично!

ZbWIUSz.png

More is to come later in time.... but first, KAS/KIS struts!

• 2 years later...
On 5/20/2017 at 4:56 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Old! Screw that! This thread is never too old! I mean, the last post was only... oh. Four months ago. Well, no matter. I'm posting here anyway.

What's better than a 'Salyut' station? In the mid-'60s? Two 'Salyut' stations! I present to you, 'Zemlya!'

ItkuO1U.png

Glorious 'Proton-FGR' rocket launch vehicle of the Soviet Union! Tremendous upgrade over ageing 'Proton-K' rocket! With 2.5 metre core instead of 1.875 metre, and asparagus-staged boosters rather than inefficient old clustered core! Отлично!

H5pw98L.png

FmR5vF3.png

Отличный booster separation of the glorious 'Proton-FGR!' Rest in peace, simple 1.25 metre booster! You have served your country proud! You are glorious hero of the Soviet Union!

1xqCSEU.png

MBwaD8y.png

rnoIYK3.png

*Scoff* Korolev would not be proud! Begone, foul boosters!

Here is tremendous first stage separation and second stage ignition!

I2VVGBE.png

kY8r5iG.png

6trOM4c.png

Fairing jettison! Красивая! Observe brilliant Soviet engineering marvel, new DOS station core! Upgrade over dusty old 1.875 metre DOS 'Salyut' cores! New 2.5 metre core, and monopropellant maneuvering engines! DOS Mk2, the 'Zemlya' module of new 'Salyut-1!'

hw6kB0z.png

FvGS92H.png

Glorious rendezvous and docking of brand-new DOS module! Valentina and Erillian Kerman, great heroes of the Soviet Union, aboard to oversee docking procedure!

9N1n3sx.png

GdNJ6El.png

Closer... and closer... and -- давай! I can't wait any longer! Full throttle!

pVvUocj.png

vqlC6Jx.png

Brilliant 'Zemlya' DOS module docks to 'Salyut-1,' glorious Soviet achievement!

INhAdzJ.png

Solar arrays deployed! Marvel at this glorious Soviet engineering and tremendous space station! Отлично!

ZbWIUSz.png

More is to come later in time.... but first, KAS/KIS struts!

i know this is old but can you post the flag on here? thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.