I accidentially fired/deleted all my main kerabals

cup a joe

HI, I'm somewhat newish to KSP, I have made it to minmus twice in two attempts to give you some reference as to where I am in the game.

I don't know why I did it, but I hit the red X button on Jebediah, Bob, Valentina, and Bill in the astronaut complex. I don't see them in the roster.......HOW DO I GET THEM BACK, I MISS THEM :'(

I think you could try save file editing. Basically, make a new save (doesnt matter what type, you can even use an old save that has those kerbals), close the game, open the save file in notepad or some other text editor, scroll down to the end, copy the text for the kerbals you want to transfer, and paste into the save you want them in. Note that skills may be a bit wonky, and ALWAYS make a backup save before trying save file editing in case you kill your saved game.

I think you could try save file editing. Basically, make a new save (doesnt matter what type, you can even use an old save that has those kerbals), close the game, open the save file in notepad or some other text editor, scroll down to the end, copy the text for the kerbals you want to transfer, and paste into the save you want them in. Note that skills may be a bit wonky, and ALWAYS make a backup save before trying save file editing in case you kill your saved game.

Yeeeeah that isn't really my department, could you guide me through?