A Stock Hard Career Game

meyst

I have decided to try my hand at a Stock Career Game and share my progress.

To open I Gathered some Science from the Runway and used that to unlock the first two tech nodes

With the new parts made the Omnomnom Science, to do a hop over the pad to devour all the science and recover all the parts

Last mission of the night, I unlocked General Rocketry and added Moar Boosters to the Omnomnom Science so it could Omnomnom all the science both high over Kerbin and in space. Rocket assisted Landing ran out of fuel and resulted in some unplanned lithobraking.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This sets me up with 211,690 roots and 62.9 science available to work with for my attempt to reach orbit.

I unlocked Basic Science for the temp scanner and probe core. I was also lucky enough to be offered a test LV 909 engine, so I took that contract and put a probe called the Stayupnik into orbit with plenty of fuel to spare.

The cash was used to upgrade the launch pad for larger craft and take on a 10% commitment for more rep (In the hope I can get more lucrative contracts). The science from the temp scans of the Stayupnik was used to unlock stability tech.

I got return from orbit and gather science contracts and sent Jeb into low orbit with the Kersplorinator (The Stayupnik was not equiped with a parachute). On landing Jeb picked up some more science at Kerbins Deserts.

Flyby the Mun and Science from space around the Mun contracts became available so I sent the Stayupnik to the Mun! After getting to the Mun I had fuel left so I took contracts to orbit the Mun and get science from the surface of the Mun. Stayupnik is now on the Mun.... Maybe I will rename it to Munnik now.

Pictures!

Edited by meyst

• 3 weeks later...

These are pictures from missions I did in 1.02 before the update.

I cashed in on a science contract with my probe on the Mun with the last of it's power.

Unlocked the advanced rocketry node and upgraded the astronaut complex and did a combined Rescue from Kerbin and Mun return from orbit mission.

With all the science I unlock space exporation for more science and fuel systems for... fuel. Took on contracts for and did a combined rescue from Kerbin and get science from the Mun contract, apparently somebody paid up to confirm that space around the Mun was a vacuum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.