SLS launch sequence?

Since its engines are the same as the STS, I'd assume that the launch sequence is fairly similar to that of the STS.

It would not be Saturn V engines, i heard that NASA planed to retrofit their own F-1 Engines, they even steal some of them from museums exhibitions for testing :D

It would not be Saturn V engines, i heard that NASA planed to retrofit their own F-1 Engines, they even steal some of them from museums exhibitions for testing :D

Not, F-1. SLS will use Saturn-era engines, but J2-Xs, much more refined (and almost incompatable) versions of the old J-2s. However, they did steal the SSMEs from museums, (or take them out before being sent to museums) for use in SLS.

F-1s were planned to be used in the SLS Block II Boosters, but they switched back to using advanced solids instead.

Not, F-1. SLS will use Saturn-era engines, but J2-Xs, much more refined (and almost incompatable) versions of the old J-2s. However, they did steal the SSMEs from museums, (or take them out before being sent to museums) for use in SLS.

F-1s were planned to be used in the SLS Block II Boosters, but they switched back to using advanced solids instead.

J2-X has been cancelled.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.