SETI - CommunityTechTree mod - Phantom nodes and missing parts

I installed the CTT mod because I liked the idea of probes first. Now I have some nodes in my tech tree that are green by default, have no icon on them, have a name but have no parts in them and are out of place as well (clipped together with another node or have no arrows going to them). I also have some nodes that look normal but are actually empty. Some of the parts are missing form the tech tree entirely such as the large parachute and the panoramic control pod. Can anyone help me fix this? Otherwise the tech tree seems to be working fine and I have no difficulties researching the nodes (though I haven't got to any of the buggy ones yet.).

I also have: ScienceAlert, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Chatterer

Edited by Szkeptik

I may lean a bit far out of the window here...but this sounds like not all the mods are compatible either with each other or with KSP.

First of all i would remove SETI as this is just a massive module manager "mod"-file and changes pretty much everything beyond recognition (and the name just plain and simply sucks big time). IF KER, chatter and ResearchAlert (Science Alert?) work afterwards as expected, then i would move the whole thing into the SETI thread. Why i am bashing that "mod"? Well, simply because it is the one which has the most variables attached.. KER, Chatterer etc wont change a lot on the Tech tree and are well tested while virtually a minor typo in that seti thing can screw up the whole "mod"...

I dont know thatSETImod well enough to answer that.. but if you want to have an unmanned focus in your techtrea there are other mods for the community tech tree that surely work without thatSETImod.

*edit* You might have a look at "Better than starting manned". In the past at least that was a great rebalance mod but i havent used it in the last few months.

Edited by Nachtwind

• 2 weeks later...

Just for clarification if anyone else finds this thread:

Szkeptik almost certainly did not install the base CommunityTechTree, which is a requirement for SETIctt to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.