[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

18 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Is this SLS parts pack friendly to the stock scale or would I need JNSQ planet resize pack?

It was built for stock scale, so you should be good to go.  There actually might be some difficulty using in in upscaled systems, but I haven't tested it in anything other than stock scale.

4 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

It was built for stock scale, so you should be good to go.  There actually might be some difficulty using in in upscaled systems, but I haven't tested it in anything other than stock scale.

How do you control the SRB’s so they wouldn’t get over powered? And how do I use all the craft files some require other mods. Also can I use this for my career mode? Also can it fit well with the duna direct mod?

Edited by Cloakedwand72

On 1/27/2022 at 3:31 AM, Cloakedwand72 said:

How do you control the SRB’s so they wouldn’t get over powered? And how do I use all the craft files some require other mods. Also can I use this for my career mode? Also can it fit well with the duna direct mod?

The SRB's are set up just like the stock SRB's, no thrust curves or special mods, so they probably are a bit over powered.  I did try to tune them to get somewhat "realistic" performance for LKO and Mün missions.  The parts shouldn't require any mods.  It's very possible that I wrote the RealPlume patch wrong.  Try deleting the RealPlume compatibility patch by deleting "ShadowWorks/Compatibility/RealPlume", then delete your ModuleManager cache and restart KSP.  All of the compatibility patches should only apply if the required mod is installed.  I designed the mod to be self-contained requiring no other mods so I'm not sure what the problem could be, other than the RealPlume thing I mentioned.

I believe I have them all set up so that they will unlock at "reasonable" points in the tech tree and so can be used for a career mode game.  I've never used Duna Direct, so I had a quick look at the mod's opening post.  It says to launch in a 5m expanded fairing, and the core stage and EUS in this mod is 5m, and a 5m fairing base is also included.  The 5m Fairing Base uses the stock fairing module so you shouldn't have any problems there I'd imagine.  I assume that the mass of the Duna Direct vehicle wouldn't be an issue, but you could always use the Block II SLS with the Black Knight boosters, or with the liquid boosters.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, TheShadow1138 said:

The SRB's are set up just like the stock SRB's, no thrust curves or special mods, so they probably are a bit over powered.  I did try to tune them to get somewhat "realistic" performance for LKO and Mün missions.  The parts shouldn't require any mods.  It's very possible that I wrote the RealPlume patch wrong.  Try deleting the RealPlume compatibility patch by deleting "ShadowWorks/Compatibility/RealPlume", then delete your ModuleManager cache and restart KSP.  All of the compatibility patches should only apply if the required mod is installed.  I designed the mod to be self-contained requiring no other mods so I'm not sure what the problem could be, other than the RealPlume thing I mentioned.

I believe I have them all set up so that they will unlock at "reasonable" points in the tech tree and so can be used for a career mode game.  I've never used Duna Direct, so I had a quick look at the mod's opening post.  It says to launch in a 5m expanded fairing, and the core stage and EUS in this mod is 5m, and a 5m fairing base is also included.  The 5m Fairing Base uses the stock fairing module so you shouldn't have any problems there I'd imagine.  I assume that the mass of the Duna Direct vehicle wouldn't be an issue, but you could always use the Block II SLS with the Black Knight boosters, or with the liquid boosters.

Cool thanks I’ll look in to your idea! Curious what if I where to make a non SRB version of the areas 1 for LKO only taxi.  Which parts would I need for a liquid fueled first stage?

19 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Cool thanks I’ll look in to your idea! Curious what if I where to make a non SRB version of the areas 1 for LKO only taxi.  Which parts would I need for a liquid fueled first stage?

The craft called "Apophis II" is a liquid fueled alternative to the Ares I (Apophis I).  It simply replaces the SRB with the proposed F-1B powered liquid booster for the SLS.  To build it yourself from the Ares I (Apophis I), simply remove the SRB and adapter from the interstage decoupler.  Then, place the Anubis Liquid Booster Tank on the bottom of the interstage decoupler, then attach two F-1B engines and you're good to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.