Space station corruption

Hello,

I have an issue that seems to be similar to those described here and here, however I have NOT used any of the mods described (or similar mods) there or performed any manual edits this my savegame.

This savegame was upgraded from 0.9 as I have not played for over 6 months.

Environment:

• KSP: 1.0.4 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1 (6.3.10240) 64bit
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.18
  • KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
  • PlanetShine - 0.2.3.1
  • StageRecovery - 1.5.7
  • Waypoint Manager - 2.3.4

The issue is that I have one space station in orbit around kerbin which is manned and I am not able to interact with it any more. I cannot select it in the tracking station and all actions (like go to and terminate) are disabled.

When selecting the station the following appears in the debug log:

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Manned Station 1(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[InternalSeat].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.CreateVesselCrewList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking.SetVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean keepFocus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Filename: Line: -1)
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KnowledgeBase.UpdateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: Line: -1)

After this the NullReferenceException begins to loop infinitely.

I have temporarily disabled all mods but it does not make any difference.

Logs and Savegame: http://1drv.ms/1Lx0wxD

Thanks for any help in advance!

Just a guess, but does your space station contain parts that, in 0.90, lacked an IVA and now in 1.0, have one? Like, the Mk2/3 crew cabin or mobile processing lab etc? Because the second link you provided says changing INTERNALs of previously-launched vessels produces this error - adding an IVA could be classed as changing its INTERNAL..

EDIT: Also, what with the many and wide-sweeping changes to the game 1.0.X brought, it's probably best to start anew anyway as all crafts will behave differently, parts have different stats etc.

Thanks for your reply, yes it definitely had a mobile processing lab. Not sure about the crew cabin though - its been over 6 months.

I haven't followed the changes to KSP in the meantime to be honest, but I'd guess that if such savegame-breaking changes were interoduced there would have been some kind of migration logic applied on the first launch after the update?

I've put hours and days into that career save so I'd prefer not to start over...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.