[Challenge] The Glory of the Brick

ss20110728155916.png

Get this into orbit. Any orbit.

Any parts from my pack or Sunday's Wobbly Rockets is acceptable. The pod can stay in orbit with the block. Three pictures must be provided: the launch, the first orbit, then later on at the same point in the orbit. That, or a video. A save file of the ship must also be provided.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/575558/SIDR/hugeblock.zip

If you modify the file I'll be forced to kill you, by the way.

Reward will be decided when/if someone manages to do this.

Can I say I love Jeb's can-do spirit?

'You cobbled that together with duct tape and chewing gum, and want me to climb on top to, let me make sure I've got this right...put a BRICK...in orbit....just because? Right on man, let's light this candle!'

This is the first community challenge that I am genuinely interested in. As absurd as it is, the challenge combined with the ridiculousness makes it all worthwhile. Coupled with the fact that I just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey and this brick reminds me of the Monolith, I can't wait to attempt this.

Maybe the Kerbals are the civilization that buried the monolith on the moon, and the events taking place in the game are happening around 4,000,000,000 B.C.!

God damn it. Why did you make this thing sound so heavy? I never expected what happened. I put on TOO much thrust, and lost the bottom of the rocket, which was just torn off. So I had a brick strapped to a few rockets doing corkscrews in the air.