Air intakes become 'Occluded' when closing cargo bay.

On my mk2 spaceplane, when flying in the atmosphere and opening then closing the mk2 cargo bay doors, the ram air intakes outside of the cargo bay suddenly become 'occluded' resulting in flame-outs.

I tried moving the air intakes further away from the cargo bay, so they were not touching at all, and this did not solve the issue. A few notes, the cargo bay has several small items inside including 6 sensors, 4 batteries, 6 solar panels, and 2 small radiator panels. There is a 1.25m liquid fuel tank along the side of the craft, adjacent to the cargo bay, with ram air intakes on the front of the 2 fuel tanks.

I'm currently only using these mods: Engineer Redux, KAS, KIS, Transfer Window Planner, and Critical Temperature Gauge.

Thanks for any advice or ideas, it's greatly appreciated!

(Edit: I couldn't find any information on this issue. If there is a better place to put this post, please let me know and I will gladly move it. Thanks!)

Edited by Krisism

Thank you funk, that explains it very well. I understand the issue now. I'll mark this thread as solved.

Cheers!

(Edit: In case others wind up here trying to solve a similar issue - the link above explains that cargo bays use a radius to detect parts for occlusion. This radius comes from center mass of the cargo bay, therefore it extends slightly out of the cargo bay near the middle. My air intakes were likely in that radius. Another tip, is you can toggle off air intakes before opening/closing cargo bays to keep them from being occluded. After the bay is closed, just toggle back on.)

Edited by Krisism

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.