Surface textures shaking

Hello!

I have this really strange problem where on some planets the surface textures simply start to shake when I have a craft landed there.

It seems to be especially bad with rovers and with larger surface bases. I figured it might be a problem with AVP, but I did a fresh install

and the problem is still there.

The thing is I have OPM installed, and this pretty much means my save isn't compatible with a completely fresh install. I couldn't reproduce the

issue in a stock game. I did a fresh install with only OPM installed and the texture shaking was still there. There's a chance it could be an issue with Kopernicus or OPM, but

the problem happens on stock planets, especially on Minmus and Duna.

I am running KSP with a GTX 970 video card. It seems that disabling shaders helps the problem somewhat, but not entirely. The thing is I have played

KSP with OPM and AVP Int2 installed before and never had this issue.

Does anybody know what could cause the surface textures to go nuts? It seems that not many people have had this problem before. If anybody could

come up with a workaround that would be great.

Edit:

Okay so did a complete stock reinstall and the issue still persists. I launched a stock rover to Duna in a completely new stock save. The textures still

keep shaking and jittering. It seems like a Floating Point Precision issue. Has anybody seen something like this before? I'll try the save on a completely

different computer. If that also does not work, then I'll report this as a stock bug.

Edit2:

I installed KSP on an office computer just to try it out and the texture shaking was still there. Also stock install and also tested it

on Duna. It seems the only things that the two computers have in common is that they are both using Windows 10 and nVidia graphics cards.

So the shaking is there with a GT420 and a GTX970. Maybe it has something to do with Win 10 drivers.

I also installed KSP on my laptop, and there was no texture shaking (although due to the laptop's poor specs the performance was horrible),

this leads me to believe that it is an issue with nVidia. Still can't believe that others are not seeing this behaviour.

Edited by Joonatanr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.