Guess where I saw KSP!

Mad Rocket Scientist

Yesterdays' Centauri Dreams quotes The Icarus Interstellar website, which mentioned KSP. So two for the price of one.

Starship Congress 2015 is being billed as an ‘interstellar hackathon,’ one centered on “hacking the paradigm of interstellar space exploration.†The Icarus site notes that it occurs “With a nod to this year’s University setting and a Hollywood and video game-driven surge in popularity of deep space exploration (“Interstellarâ€Â, “Guardians of the Galaxyâ€Â, “EVE: Valkyrieâ€Â, “Kerbal Space Program 1.0â€Â)…†Talks and presentations will be punctuated by workshops and speakers from the deep space community over the two days of the event  the schedule is here, as is the registration link for accommodations at the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel.

http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/

http://www.centauri-dreams.org/

Edited by Aethon

Where have you seen KSP?

was doing some eh.. research.. on 4chan and came across a ksp thread. not going into detail here but most of the creations there were pretty offensive

also had a friend over who randomly started talking about 'this awesome game that he found on steam'.. i think you can guess which one that was :)

also had a friend over who randomly started talking about 'this awesome game that he found on steam'.. i think you can guess which one that was :)

Yeah, Barbie Dreamhouse Party is an excellent game.

I remember KSP being released on steam. It was still quite obscure then, but now you just need to look in the scientific areas of the internet to find it.

was doing some eh.. research.. on 4chan and came across a ksp thread. not going into detail here but most of the creations there were pretty offensive

You mean Chicken Shot Gold?

Yeah, Barbie Dreamhouse Party is an excellent game.

I remember KSP being released on steam. It was still quite obscure then, but now you just need to look in the scientific areas of the internet to find it.

For example, search for any IRL rocket in google images, and KSP will show up very quickly, higher up the more specific it is.

Seeing this sign in real life made my day. I walked nearly an eighth of a mile grinning stupidly to get a closer look, as my puny potato cam had none of the resolution of my dual mount stereoscopic 576 megapixel biological optical sensors.

I was headed for an interview closeby and the company did hire me, after a month of unemployment mostly spent in KSP. I thus declare KSP a life changing experience.

1NgZ6DW.jpg

Kind of different from your guys, but a year or two a go, I had a supply teacher for physics and i saw KSP on his desktop.:cool:

Nice!

Here I can only get a grand total of one person somewhat interested in KSP :(

Sorry, keep on trying! That blank look they give you when you start to tell them...

Seeing this sign in real life made my day. I walked nearly an eighth of a mile grinning stupidly to get a closer look, as my puny potato cam had none of the resolution of my dual mount stereoscopic 576 megapixel biological optical sensors.

I was headed for an interview closeby and the company did hire me, after a month of unemployment mostly spent in KSP. I thus declare KSP a life changing experience.

http://i.imgur.com/1NgZ6DW.jpg

What's the last letters?

27 seconds in bottom right corner. Their in most crash course astronmy videos. Its scray that kerbals are helping teach astronmy.:sealed:

Nice!

Just one more letter.. it's Kerbau Rd, Rochor, Singapore.

Missed it by that much, as Maxwell Smart would say..

Ahh! Too bad. I would live on Kerbal road.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.