Sketch Up

Can i use Google Sketch Up to make models for parts? I saw you could on Cry Engine 3, and was wondering if you can on KSP. I tried blender once, but it was too hard, and i know how to use sketch up. If it doesn\'t work, and there\'s another simple one like it to use, please tell me. Thankx ;D

Blender is a highly confusing, but awesomely powerful modelling program. If you wanna be making parts, just have a look around for some up-to-date tutorials for it. They almost always explain just about everything you need to know. For things specifically KSP (and how to export parts for it, etc), just ask around once you have your models made.

Sketch-Up works, but not directly. I recommend getting a .obj exporter where you can export to a modeling program with a UV texture mapping and unwrapping system.

I use wings3d personally. Just make sure that the node_collider object isn\'t hidden when you export to .dae

I\'m downloading wings 3d right now. I want to try to make my first mod as just a small little 1 Meter fuel tank to see if I can do it. Once I\'ve made the model, how do I texture, import into KSP and give it part parameters?