Configuring PS3 remote for KSP

I've seen a couple of posts about this topic but none seems to answer my questions.

I just got a PS3 remote and I've been meaning to use it on KSP. Specifically for EVA and docking (as those are two things that require more precision controls). The thing is, I can't seem to figure out how to configure the trigger buttons to RCS thrust forwards and backwards. What I'd like was to have the right trigger to thrust forward and the left trigger to thrust backwards (the amount of thrust depending on the pressure with which I squeeze the triggers).

Does anyone have any idea how I can go around doing that?

Edited by Broax

(the amount of thrust depending on the pressure with which I squeeze the triggers).

i know what you mean, i never got this to work either with a ps3 controller on pc (other games, not ksp). i think those non-official drivers you must download are just flawed, ps3 controller was never meant to work on windows as it's a product of Sony, microsoft's competition. an xbox controller works fine tho without the need for installing or configuring anything

i know what you mean, i never got this to work either with a ps3 controller on pc (other games, not ksp). i think those non-official drivers you must download are just flawed, ps3 controller was never meant to work on windows as it's a product of Sony, microsoft's competition. an xbox controller works fine tho without the need for installing or configuring anything

I don't think this is true. I use MotioninJoy in many games and I've yet to have it let me down. The configuration is less than intuitive, but considering how many different things a PS3 Dualshock can do these days that's not entirely surprising.

I'm using the motionjoy drivers with the PS3 controller and it seems to be working fine. My only issue is to setup the triggers to thrust forwards and backwards. Currently, as I understand, the game asigns a function to an axis, in this case forward/backward on Z axis (for example) but what I'd like is to have forward thrust to the Z axis and backward thrust on the Y axis.

This system works great for the thumb sticks but, sadly, it doesn't seem to work so well on the trigger fingers. Since they are pressure sensitive they work as an axis as well where 0 to 100 is forward and -100 to 0 is backward. But the problem is that since these are triggers they don't have a -100 to 0 range (only 0 to 100). What I would like to do is have one trigger thrust forward and the other trigger thrust backwards. This for RCS and EVA of course.

What you need to do is set the L2 and R2 triggers to 'half axis' and 'inverted half axis' in the MotioninJoy config page, so that they share one axis but move it in opposite directions. If I was at my gaming rig I'd get some screens up, but this thread might be the next best thing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is exactly what I was looking for and works perfectly as intended!! :D

But mapping so many keys into this controller is challenging... Specially as I'd like to keep camera control while controlling the ship/kerbal...

Thanks again! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.