Kerbal Space Program Fanart

Pariah

How tall are they, exactly? My own calculations yielded 39-ish cm on average.

This version has them at 41cm but the helmets top them out at 43-44cm.

These are fantastic, I hope there are more to come! How about comparing Kerbol to Canis Majoris? If you can create a large enough image...

Thanks Squeal. Not sure what I\'m going to do next. I thought of moving on from comparisons to other types of diagrams. We shall see!

kerbal_spacecraft_scale.png

Scale of Human and Kerbal crew and spacecraft

Niiiice.

A Mercury should be something like 50cm diameter then, and a Gemini 70 cm... (reentry module)

(Though I\'d favor a small retcon in the future, when we get more stock parts: 1m Gemini, 70cm Mercury, 1,5m Apollo... but we\'ll see. No real problems with just making 50cm the starting 'node', it\'s just a number after all and Kerbin IS tiny.)

The space center concept is also very nice: it seems a bit too organized even; not just for Kerbals, Cape Kennedy isn\'t that geometric also...

Thanks guys for the kind words.

@Shedao Yes, I imagine it\'s for recovery/recycling of anything that parachutes safely away during launch...or falls off before takeoff.

@thorfinn I guess there\'s no harm in a 50cm command pod. I think the parachute part is about that diameter to begin with. For the space center geometry, that\'s just playing with the crop-circle motif similar to what Planet 51 did. I have a version that\'s hexagonal and one that\'s more random, but I liked how this one fit with KSP\'s current launch pad. Plus it would look cool from orbit.

It\'s nice, but doesn\'t look quite right. To be honest, first thing I thought was it looked a little like the spray effect from MSPaint. If you compare it with images of earth at night, it has something missing.

I agree. it\'s still missing the continuous stream of light that outlines the coast, and strings of lights connecting huge population centers. Still working on that version.

kerbalspacecenter_layout.jpg

Kerbal Space Center facilities

Cool pic, and I like the concept; just one bit of opinion: I personally would have put the Recovery building by the water, because water landings are likely to be more common as a general rule.

Sure, why not. A road could be extended out from the pad to the water. The idea is that each area attached to a road is a construction spot, so anyone could click and build a structure wherever they wanted.

I\'m working on a flight director kerbin. His name is Gene after Gene Kranz who I\'m basing him off of.

nBMP0.png

It might be a little early to post it in this thread but I wanted some feedback so far.

Also is there an established number of fingers that a kerbin has? I was thinking of going with just 4.

I\'m working on a flight director kerbin. His name is Gene after Gene Kranz who I\'m basing him off of.

nBMP0.png

It might be a little early to post it in this thread but I wanted some feedback so far.

Also is there an established number of fingers that a kerbin has? I was thinking of going with just 4.

As long as their hands aren\'t actually shaped like mittens, it will be good. :P

planetary_lights2_x800.png

Updated image. Could be better. Ah well, moving on.

STOP MAKING AWESOME STUFF.

JUST STOP.

But yeah, how are you doing that? Taking a screenshot and screwing with it in Photoshop or ripping the model and applying shaders?

Welcome to the forums!

RAWR

Stationkeep McGinley!

YOU\'RE FALLING BEHIND, SKUNKY!