Kerbal Space Program Fanart

Pariah

I have a little request, that I would unironicly wear on a t-shirt:

We all know the stupid Wolf shirts some people like to wear. Would anybody be interested in making a image like that, but with our Kerbalnauts (Bill & Bob freaking out of course) with the planet Kerbal as the moon background?

I would buy this shirt to support the devs :)

Thanks everyone! ;D I'll be cleaning this up a little more and see if I can get some wallpaper versions out. You're welcome to use the image for a loading screen, I'd be quite happy with that.

Also loving the idea of a ThreeKerbalMoon shirt!

I feel that this will be the next minecraft.

Get ready for millions of dollars :)

I feel that way as well, this games going to get popular fast. Ive been playing it for 3 days straight.

But seriously, WHY hasnt this game been made before now?? I dont get it! Little adorable green men being destroyed in hilarious rockets. What could be better??

Either way, its shaping up to be great. I was with minecraft from about a year into its alpha, good to be with KSP right from day 5, this should be an interesting journey ;)

I feel that way as well, this games going to get popular fast. Ive been playing it for 3 days straight.

But seriously, WHY hasnt this game been made before now?? I dont get it! Little adorable green men being destroyed in hilarious rockets. What could be better??

Either way, its shaping up to be great. I was with minecraft from about a year into its alpha, good to be with KSP right from day 5, this should be an interesting journey ;)

Thanks everyone! 'will be the next Minecraft' is a really nice thing to hear ;)

About this game not having been made before, well, don't mind if I take that as a compliment :) I've always thought that you can spot a good idea when you wonder why no one's ever come up with it before.

But it wasn't that simple actually... I can't tell you how many nights of sleep I lost fretting over whether the game would be well received or not. There were times when I thought myself insane for going ahead with this concept for a game... then there were others when I felt good about it... The whole time I felt like I was taking a huge gamble with it, and risking my job.

I really had no idea how it would be received until we did release it, and I admit I was very very nervous when I posted the first thread about it.

I guess this feeling of taking a huge gamble is what stops many developers from going forward with their crazy ideas... There is no shortage of completely new and insane ideas for games, but many don't go forward with it because they don't want to take that risk, so they stick to what is known to have worked in the past, and make yet another FPS.

Cheers

I don't think anyone's jumping the gun at all. The fact that there have been a shitload of buzz on this game on /v/, SA, reddit, and other sites, speaks volumes in and of itself. If you're goal was to just make a fun game, you did it. If your goal was to make quite a bit of money, I think that's going to happen when this hits an actual release.

Many developers make a game to make money.I get the feeling you guys make this game because of the game ,with the eventual money as a bonus. That makes all the difference!

Thanks!

Yeah, this project has been a pet project of mine for a long time now, and having been given the opportunity to go ahead and do it, I want it to be all it can be.

Money come as a consequence of doing something the best you can is far sweeter than money gotten through a quick hack to sell fast. And players will notice where your true intention is, because it shows in the game. :)

Cheers

you know what? provided you add the features you say you are, I'd happily pay for this.

even this early alpha is beyond EPIC!

it's like the spore space stage, with 5billion times more epic.

I don't know about that, I don't think there's any plan to add interstellar stuff or the abduction and transplant of animals and plants. It's more like the very beginning of spore space stage, except it's a functional thing with choices rather than Spore's purely aesthetic editor, and it has the promise of gameplay, rather than whatever Spore was.

I don't know about that, I don't think there's any plan to add interstellar stuff or the abduction and transplant of animals and plants. It's more like the very beginning of spore space stage, except it's a functional thing with choices rather than Spore's purely aesthetic editor, and it has the promise of gameplay, rather than whatever Spore was.

I meant the beginning, like ship design, etc.

still, it is EPIC!

and I would still pay for it if it gets more features added

That should be the loading screen for the game.

Either this happens by 1.1.1 or I'm making a rocket in the shape of one of the developers' names and recording it exploding over and over and over again.

MLP! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(as you may have noticed, I hate MLP, but not necessarily the people who watch it, unless they try to shove it down my throat (I promptly vomit on them. rainbow vomit))

74463.png