Can you do that?

Hey guys :)

I was wondering if it\'s possible (so far) for 'non dev' to create new buildings,

a working currency system, an in game permissions system, mod game files

or just to create anything besides parts?

i\'m sorry for spelling or grammar mistakes (English isn\'t my first language)

one last thing I just love this game#!@#!@ (Amazing community and dev team :) )

P.S. I\'m only asking because I SUCK at modeling (blender and such...) but a decent c# programmer.

What? No, you can\'t do any of that yet, at the moment all you can do is the parts and plugins. The plugins are tied closely to parts and their behaviour although some more advanced stuff is possible.

Generally speaking you can do almost anything in KSP. You get access to the Unity package which allows you to do A LOT of fancy stuff. Even if something in KSP is directly blocking you from doing something, you CAN program it from scratch over again in your plugin. I completely fail to see what is not possible. Please list concrete examples.

It should be possible. However, (maybe this is what Foamy meant) you have to require that your users use a certain part, maybe a custom pod, on their ships. Then it\'s 'just' a matter of implementing your own economy system in your part and limit what parts users can put on their vessels. It is possible to create buildings too if you use the Unity package. That said it will not be easy and you need to have quite a lot of programming experience to pull something like that off.

First of all thank you very much for the help :)

Secondly I don\'t think I have ALOT of programming experience in the Unity Engine, I\'m very new to the KSP modding section,

I do have 6 years worth of C# knowledge (University + Technical High Schools) so I was hopping that the transition won\'t be that hard (I was wrong there aren\'t as many guides out there as I hoped:( ).

Any way I have about 3 months of free time so i\'ll do my best to study the engine (by trial and error)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.