[Writing] Verigan I mission log.

Rocketscience101

Little piece of writing I did. I thought it was pretty good, but of course I am the artist. Hope you Like it. 8)

Jeb looked at the rocket, it wasn’t very big, just barely halfway up the launch pad. It was obviously built by an expert, if it was supposed to get them into orbit.

“It’s not very big.†He remarked.

“It’s not supposed to be. We want it to be light as possible. As to not waist fuel.†Said one of the engineers. Doing a checklist.

“Whats it called.†Jeb replied.

“Verigan I, they are a step up from the original Asimov you guys were flying.â€

“Hopefully.â€

“Well, they are lighter, as I said. And with the third stage added on, we can use the second stage to get you guys in a more circular orbit.†The engineer said. “Are Bob and Bill ready.†He asked.

“Are they ever?†Jeb replied.

“To shay. Alright, launch is tomorrow. Pray this soda can doesn’t blow up.†The engineer said.

“Over and out.†Jeb smirked.

“There is no way, you are getting me into another one of these sardine cans, its cramped, and shaky, and Jeb is in there!†Bob yelled. Always the loud one of the group. Bill sitting in his seat, was pondering on the possibility of catastrophic failure. Jeb, going through the checklist, while laughing at Bob, standing just outside the capsule door, arguing with an engineer about how safe it was.

“It’s not gonna be like getting in your car and driving to the store, this is difficult, we cannot promise much, but we can tell you this is much safer than the Asimov models you have been flying.†The engineer argued. “I mean come on, it’s only rocket science, you doubt us to much.â€

“I want to quit this job, and become a desk jockey for the Kerbal Paper Program, but my wife wouldn’t like the pay cut. Just let me sit at a desk, and do your paperwork, please.†Bob complained.

“I told you, that job has been taken, besides, you can’t even sign autographs so the kids can read it, what are the chances of a official reading it.†The engineer said.

“Hey Bob!†Jeb said.

“What Jeb.â€

“I packed cake.†Immediately Bob sat in his seat, and buckled up, tightly. “I think we are go on this end.†Jeb told the engineer. Who smiled back at Jeb.

“Alright then commander, you have the ship, bring her back in one piece.â€

“I’ll try.†Jeb said.

“I wish they did unmanned tests first.†Bill replied. And with that the door closed.

“Alright boys, all systems go. You ready.†The flight General said.

“Do we get a countdown.†Bob replied. “So I can be prepared.â€

“No†Said the general, and hit the big red LAUNCH button, and looked back at the Verigan I, as she lifted off the pad.

Back in the capsule, Jeb muted Bob, and Bill, to quiet their screaming through the space helmets, and kept mission control updated on everything. Soon the spacecraft was up at 20,000 meters above Kerbin’s surface. The final three tanks on Verigan one’s first stage, was nearly empty. Jeb could hear their Cap-com trying in vein, to calm down Bob and Bill.

“Just give up man, I’ll keep you updated from were I’m sitting.†Jeb told him. They ran out of fuel, at about 38,000 meters above Kerbin. Jeb let go of the First stage, and fired the second one, turning his craft to the side for an orbit. But, with only two fuel tanks. It ran out about halfway around Kerbin, using the one tank they had, they fired until the Periapsis was at 75,000 meters above Kerbin. Well above the atmosphere, they had about 3/4th a tank of fuel left, and there apoapsis was about 300,000 meters above Kerbin.

“So were are the cakes.†Bob said.

“Oh yah, here you go.†Jeb handed Bob a bag of freeze dried cake.

“What is this.†Bob said. “This is that freeze dried crap, were’s the cake.â€

“Bob, I can’t pack an entire cake on the craft, it weighs to much, and during launch, will make a mess. That is cake, just add some water.†Jeb said, handing Bob, a bottle of water. Bob ate the cake, yet still was not happy about being tricked onto the craft. Soon after two orbits, they were approaching their periapsis again. Jeb turned the craft around, about 30 seconds from the periapsis, and prepared the engines for decent. Once they were close enough to the periapsis, they fired the final stages last bit of fuel and landed in the middle of the Kerbalisca Ocean.

“Mission control this is Verigan I, we had a pretty smooth flight, and a nice vacation. We’ll see you in a couple of hours.†Jeb spoke into his mic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.