amateur player with noob question

Get a sticky pad. Look at the details of the contract in mission control, noting in particular the periapsis, apoapsis, and inclination. You should be able to identify which orbit trace is which in the tracking station (or from your ship) with the periapsis and apoapsis alone alone.

And when building your ship check the inclination - if it's >90 or <-90, you're looking at a reversed orbit, which means you will need extra delta-V to reach it. 180 is the worst case, equatorial but opposite to Kerbin's rotation.

Also, in case you hadn't thought of it, let the satellites hitch a ride to orbit with your station and kill 3 birds with one stone. That's the best way to build upfund in the early career game, multitasking your launches.

Also, in case you hadn't thought of it, let the satellites hitch a ride to orbit with your station and kill 3 birds with one stone. That's the best way to build upfund in the early career game, multitasking your launches.

Can't emphasize this point enough. I spam decline contracts until I get an offer which matches up with existing missions. Right now I have 3 missions lined up involving Duna, and I'll accomplish every one of them in a single launch.

Better yet, build only one satellite, with enough dV to reach both orbits.

Or, unless he wants to train kerbals, the station can double as a satellite. I think the satellite contracts only check if the ship is uncrewed, not if it has crew capacity.

Or, unless he wants to train kerbals, the station can double as a satellite. I think the satellite contracts only check if the ship is uncrewed, not if it has crew capacity.

Careful: depending on the target orbits this may require a large amount of fuel. You may be required to make massive plane changes along with significant orbit raising/lowering maneuvers, and your station payload will be quite heavy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.