RSS/RO with only 3.19 GB of RAM

timandy1

My Computer has only 3.19 GB of RAM (Actually 4 GB, but some is taken up by the operating system) I want to play RSS with RO, but KSP constantly crashes due to lack of memory. I am using all recomended and suggested mods for RO, and have also pruned all fuel tanks and fairings. Any ideas what mods I should remove, and which (If Any) mods I should add?

Remove visual mods if any, and part mods.

These are the two types of mods that use the most memory, AFAIK. I remember reading RO devs (was probably NathanKell) comments saying you shouldn't install all of RO recommended + suggested mods.

So remove the part mods you use the least, or manually remove some parts from mods if you want to keep part of one mod. I don't know how CKAN handles manual file editing though, but it should be fine.

Also add Active Texture Management if you don't have it yet, and use the aggressive release if basic is not enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.