What in the name of Bob is this...

BananaDealer

So last night I encountered... Something... Not quite sure what though...

Here's a picture.

Z98T3TU.png

It shows up now and again on multiple crafts/launches. It appears to be some sort of rendering/particle nonsense since it's not a part that just fell off. It's not a texture either... It just... floats there with the vessel for awhile... Like some sort of weird, alien space dolphin...

So last night I encountered... Something... Not quite sure what though...

Here's a picture.

http://i.imgur.com/Z98T3TU.png

It shows up now and again on multiple crafts/launches. It appears to be some sort of rendering/particle nonsense since it's not a part that just fell off. It's not a texture either... It just... floats there with the vessel for awhile... Like some sort of weird, alien space dolphin...

I'm willing to bet 20 Funds on it being DistantObjectEnhancement, if you have that installed. Version 1.6.3 (current) fixes a lot of these 'spare flares'.

I'm willing to bet 20 Funds on it being DistantObjectEnhancement, if you have that installed. Version 1.6.3 (current) fixes a lot of these 'spare flares'.

Well, I have the latest version of DOE, so it probably isn't that (if that bug was fixed)... Plus, it doesn't look like a flare, more like a misplaced texture...

Well, I have the latest version of DOE, so it probably isn't that (if that bug was fixed)... Plus, it doesn't look like a flare, more like a misplaced texture...

It's definitely Distant Object Enhancement. Uninstall it and the flares will go away, then re-install it once you're satisfied that it is DOE causing them. Probably a good idea to do this anyways to double-check that you have 1.6.3.

We had a thread on this awhile back. I saw the same thing again today. I do have DOE so maybe. Today it looked like the dish from the asteroid day mod which I was using on my ship. Whatever it is, doesn't happen all the time. Its kind of a Roswell/X-Files thing. I just go with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.