What are the best practices for contributing to mods?

Goddess Bhavani

Hi,

Historically I've been a big user of mods but recently find myself creating small pieces of artwork (flags), craft requests and actively testing mods; currently I have several video requests, a formal trailer for a big release, and a craft building project for a new maritime contracts pack. In addition to various crazy projects involving space sheep and flying pigs.

I am quite delighted to have a chance to contribute an important part of the community and would like to leave the floor open - what are the best practises for content contribution and how should I split my time between various projects? Of course, I'm not the type to spontaneously disappear from stuff that I like but I do want to see if some sort of "what I'm working on at the moment" WIP list could be beneficial to help plan my time between mod teams.

Yours sincerely,

- kitten :3

You know, I don't think I've seen a thread where people can offer or request assistance, at least not stickied anywhere. I think it would be awesome to have a "contribution request" thread where people can link their project thread(if they've started one) and ask for volunteers to help in the work. And there can be a list in the OP of people who don't mind being asked directly to write some code or model a part.

That's the thing about hobbies - you get to set your project schedules and priorities, since there's no boss to fire you. :)

As long as you don't bite off more than you can chew, or promise and then don't deliver, people will be happy. If you're booked for the next 3 months, then make that clear when you agree to look at something. Clear estimates of how much time you think each project will take would also go over well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.