Backflip Rocket Launcher X3

As some of you may already know, I have created a piece of rocket artillery that has one stunning feature - the ability to perform a backflip upon firing its payload.

Yz2Wo.gif

That payload has now been recalibrated to hit a ground target at approximately 420 meters, making this a much more useful asset than one whose rockets fly off into the sky.

ebMYj.gif

Stop! Freeze frame!

aQt7G.png

Analysis:

LJbor.png

More importantly, it hasn\'t lost its backflip feature :) To aim, simply switch to the inbuilt nokia advanced targeting system and align your target in the center of your rockets. Ensure that it is at the right range and compensate for elevation if necessary. These rockets fire at an elevation of five degrees.

I think this is incredibly fun to play around with the fixed camera mod, which is why I\'m releasing it. Perhaps someone with proper software could create a video montage of kerbal proportions with this and other, similarly goofy crafts.

I have an idea that it may be possible to create an orbit of missiles on the Mun or Minmus with this or similar crafts. The backflip may even get the BigTrak airborne for quite a while on Minmus... I\'m looking forward to testing it there shortly.

Mods: JAWRD Modular Missiles

Probodobodyne Pack

Fixed Camera Part + Plugin

And of course, the latest BigTrak revision as of this writing and Tosh\'s cart plugin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.