Astro's Warbirds and Misc. Co. - Now with a Blohm & Voss P.213!

Astrofox

So, I've been replicating several aircraft from WW2 as well as some from other wars, conflicts, and even modern-day craft. This Place is where I will post me craft over time, so make sure you check around often.

However, I don't completely make things accurate, as they don't look exactly down to detail on the crafts. Instead I went for an approach that makes stuff smoother for your computer, instead of entire replicas.

Call this a Kerbal-simplified version of the planes I have (and will) attempt to create.

Again, not entirely accurate, but close enough to be considered replicas (low part count, but "low" detail).

So first I have an Arado Ar. 234 jet bomber using stock parts (optionally KJR). This thing flies rather well with SAS on. Otherwise you will find yourself constantly having to control it by pitching down, as the replica tends to want to pitch up a bit during flight without SAS on.

9ym71K8.png

This may not look entirely like the real thing, but it flies very well and could always be improved upon in the future.

Here's the craft if you want to download it for yourselves:

Arado Ar. 234

Oh, did I forget about the Arado E.381? Of course I didn't!

The Luftwaffe Parasite fighter that was strapped to the underbelly of an Ar. 234 and would have been able to take on two allied fighters before having to skid land. Problem was - it was cancelled. it now flies in KSP,  as something to enjoy 'insane' stunts without good roll. Enjoy barely missing the VAB!

Pics? Well, here ya go!

EwZUYWt.png

This little guy flies with bad roll capabilities, but other than that a formidable flier.

Just don't attempt insane stuff with it, even though it's rocket powered.

Fun for the whole planet!*

order now at - wait, you can't order here; you can only choose* to download!

Arado E.381 parasite Fighter Concept

Oh, what have we here? More WW2 Luftwaffe aircraft Concepts?!

Introducing the Bachem Ba 349 Natter - The Luftwaffe's solid rocket powered manned missile that would shoot down bombers and land using a parachute - well, the person piloting it would parachute, not so sure about the craft though...

YgYqqOt.png

http://kerbalx.com/Astrofox1_0%20-%20Astrofox%20-%20astrofox001/Bachem-Ba-349-Natter

Oh, how can I forget one concept for a pulsejet mini-fighter! The Blohm & Voss P 213 fighter.

M8LEcp5.png

http://kerbalx.com/Astrofox1_0%20-%20Astrofox%20-%20astrofox001/Blohm--Voss-P213

Just be careful with this one, as it will lose a lot of velocity when turning, and it takes a while to get up to about 100m/s. Ceiling of about 4,800m in KSP.

Other than that, have fun with these.

Enjoy the one's posted for now ('cause I'll be back with more)!

*warning, you may or may not have a choice :P, may not be fun for everykerb*

Edited by Astrofox
Uploading crafts (2st edit)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.