Are there any coloured smoke generator mods?

katateochi

Hi guys, I'm looking for a part that could generate billowing clouds of smoke (and with the option to adjust the smoke's colour).  Not talking about changing engine smoke colours, but a part (which would probably masquerade as an engine with 0 thrust) that could kick out clouds of smoke on demand.  For doing daft things like this, or maybe pretending to be a crop duster! 

inverted_pitts_special_custom_biplane_sm

The only part I know of that comes close is the smoke counter measure from BD armoury, but that just puts out a fairly thin puff. I'm looking for a continuous stream of thick coloured smoke.  Any suggestions?

Smokescreen allows control of existing engines, there are some configs in Hotrockets you can look at and maybe get something going. A re-purposed engine with a huge smoke trail should be possible and turn it on and off with an action group. 

If you want a custom part and changing colour you'll need a named transform on the part and a plugin to switch the colour AFAIK which is all beyond me.

I remember someone making a colored smoke mod back in July, let me see if I can find it on Kerbalstuff.

Edit: Can't find it on Kerbalstuff, checking forum.

Edit2: Forum search engine isn't cooperating......

edit3: You know, I think it was something with hotrockets.

Edited by smjjames

For the start,you might try to replace "flameparticle2.png" from KSP_win\GameData\MP_Nazari\FX: A9hc4ub.png?1

with more smokey one form "hotrockets"Q1VIboZ.png?1(for the reference this is srbsmoke4.png).

Shure,the *.cfg needs some tweaking,but you can use any *.mu from the same mod.Here is MM patch if you want to experiment:

@PART[colornozzle*]:Final
{    
@EFFECTS
{
@powersmoke
 {
 @MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST[smokethrust]
  {
  @modelName = MP_Nazari/FX/shuttlesmoke  //change to any *.mu (shuttlesmoke.mu)
  }
 }
}
}

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.