How to share craft/save files?

Der Anfang

Hello! Just curious, what would be a good (free) way of being able to share my spacecraft with you all? Perhaps even saves if any are curious. Mainly because I have a question in regards to landing a rover, and I might need some design help. Any preferable file sharing websites, and ones that you trust?

You go in your KSP folder and find the .craft file and upload it somewhere like Dropbox and then post it here: The Spacecraft Exchange

If you are using mods make sure to list them.

I think to share a save you upload the persistent.sfs file, but I may be wrong.

Saves are in KSP>saves>"Yoursavedgame"

Ships are in KSP>saves>"Yoursavedgame">Ships>SPH or VAB

If you have Steam it's Steam>SteamApps>common>KSP...

If you are on Mac, I'm not sure.

Any file sharing website will work, like Dropbox, GoogleDocs, MediaFire.

Edited by Fiddlestyx

24 minutes ago, Fiddlestyx said:

You go in your KSP folder and find the .craft file and upload it somewhere like Dropbox and then post it here: The Spacecraft Exchange

If you are using mods make sure to list them.

I think to share a save you upload the persistent.sfs file, but I may be wrong.

Saves are in KSP>saves>"Yoursavedgame"

Ships are in KSP>saves>"Yoursavedgame">Ships>SPH or VAB

If you have Steam it's Steam>SteamApps>common>KSP...

If you are on Mac, I'm not sure.

Any file sharing website will work, like Dropbox, GoogleDocs, MediaFire.

On Macs using the Steam version, the files are located in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/saves/YourSavedGame

The easiest way to get there is to use the Steam app: Right click on Kerbal, select the "Properties" option from the drop-down menu, select the "Local Files" option from the top tabs, then click the "Browse Local Files" button. This will open a Finder window showing ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program, and from then on you can browse as usual.

11 hours ago, Der Anfang said:

Hello! Just curious, what would be a good (free) way of being able to share my spacecraft with you all? Perhaps even saves if any are curious. Mainly because I have a question in regards to landing a rover, and I might need some design help. Any preferable file sharing websites, and ones that you trust?

As noted above, because the .craft files are just text, you can (once you find them on your system) just copy and paste into the forum.  Then highlight all the ship's text and hit the "code" button on the forum editing bar (looks like <>). 

Alternatively, and more convenient IMHO, is to get a free Dropbox account.  Once you do that, when looking at your files and folders on your computer, you'll have a new folder called Dropbox.  Just copy the craft file to there, right-click on it in the Dropbox folder, and select "share Dropbox link".  Then just copy the URL into your forum post.

The reason I like Dropbox better is because it can serve as a back-up.  Suppose months from now you've deleted the save in which you built the ship, then suddenly want the ship again.  Hey, it's on Dropbox.  Just start a new game, copy the .craft file back from Dropbox into the appropriate game save folder, and there you are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.