Absolute positioning values

I'd love to see the ability to set the position, root and orientation of a part, relative to the craft root.

How many times do you build something in the SPH to discover in orbit above Duna you've actually attached something to the wrong part, or the alignment is off by .1 degrees and you are bouncing to your doom down the runway. There are mods to display the orientation numerically, but not to set it, and AFAIK nothing to change its position.

My problems were compounded when i built a twin hulled space plane, for which the symmetry does not work, so i had to build a hull, complete with fins etc, duplicate the part, apply it to the hull, use a mod to remove the symmetry, delete parts that are no longer needed to be mirrored and then attach everything to the craft root. Not only a nightmare, but impossible to adjust anything as you cannot make the adjustments match on each side of the craft. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.