How do You get 100% Surface sample to transmit

23johnw

Hi all this is my first post, 

I am using Kerbal space program 1.0.5 

I am trying to transmit surface data at 100% and I am unable to find out the parameter to change, 

I understand about "xmitDataScalar = 0.4" change 0.4 to 1 and that works for all the instruments but I can not find and entry for surface samples, 

if I look at the save file I fine surface sample had a line "xmit = 0.25" and if I change the value to 1 then it transmits at 100% but the next sample the value returns to 0.25 in the save file.

Thanks for any help in advance

John

You should change not the save file, but the corresponding config in /GameData/Squad/Parts/.../

Each time your craft is loaded, all parts are rebuilt from scratch and all non-standard values are reset.

Though I personally don't recommend xmitDataScalar = 1 on material science (goo, material bay and surface samples). These parts are a reasonably realistic challenge to actually return samples rather then remote-study them. 

On February 29, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Dr. Jet said:

You should change not the save file, but the corresponding config in /GameData/Squad/Parts/.../

Each time your craft is loaded, all parts are rebuilt from scratch and all non-standard values are reset.

Though I personally don't recommend xmitDataScalar = 1 on material science (goo, material bay and surface samples). These parts are a reasonably realistic challenge to actually return samples rather then remote-study them. 

Thanks for the reply, however that's to change the transmit value of the experiments not the surface samples. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2016 at 3:14 PM, Sublight said:

Really?  You are cheating to try to get more science?

The point about surface samples is that it requires a kerbal to step out and pick them up.  The game kind of expects you to bring them back home.  You can only store so many snacks in a capsule.

3 hours ago, wumpus said:

The point about surface samples is that it requires a kerbal to step out and pick them up.  The game kind of expects you to bring them back home.  You can only store so many snacks in a capsule.

Gotcha.  Just giving you a hard time.  :)  You should enjoy the game that you bought any way you want to.  I should not have said anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.