Kerbin's Locations

Ok first of all let me say hello I am new to the space game and I am looking for a little guidance. I have tried searching the forums but maybe I am not using the corect phrases in my search.

I currently have 2 1 star contracts basically asking me to conduct a crew report at a specific location and altitude. The problem is I have no idea where the locations are or how to find them. Ineed to know where Luberry's Scar and Sector R-T1R are located, better yet i would like to learn how to find locations as I am sure there are additional missions of this type.  Thanks in advance for your help!

--------------------

Man I suck .... I think I found how to locate them on the map from the Space center.... Sorry for clogging up the board.

Edited by shawn44130

7 hours ago, shawn44130 said:

Man I suck .... I think I found how to locate them on the map from the Space center.... Sorry for clogging up the board.

No worries, and welcome to the forums!

For future reference, some contracts will want you to put satellites in specific orbits around specific planets, moons, or the sun itself,  To see the target orbits prior to launching, you need to go to the tracking station and then move the focus to the celestial body that is the center of the orbit.  For example, a target orbit around the sun won't show in the tracking station until you focus the view on the sun.

As noted, in the Tracking Station and in Map mode they'll show up. In map mode you can click them and "Activate Navigation" and they will then be represented on the navball. This is helpful once you approach them; if you're still halfway around the world not so useful, as they point directly toward them (through the ground and whatnot).

Even better, you can install a mod like Waypoint Manager, which will render the waypoint icons as GUI elements.

Edited by pincushionman

7 hours ago, shawn44130 said:

You are not clogging up the board.  You had an excellent question, which was clearly stated.  Additionally, the title of your question clearly reflected the content.  That makes it easier for other players with the same question to find an answer using the forum search function.

Welcome to the forums, and welcome to KSP!  

If you are not afraid of poking a toe into the cool waters of modding, Waypoint Manager is a very useful addon that has no prerequisites and helps you out by displaying waypoints in flight view.

You install it by merging the GameData folder inside the download with the folder of the same name in your KSP installation directory. Basically a simple drag and drop operation.

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.