Stuck in Acceleration Mode

So I've just entered Jool's SOI for the first time ever, and as I was attempting a gravity assisted brake maneuver, I ended up stuck in "acceleration mode" where I could no longer time warp or return to KSC for several long minutes.  What causes me to remain in acceleration mode while my engines were off?  Is this normal?  It was only after I left the room to do some chores and returned did I finally regain time warp, but even then, the acceleration mode flickered as I did so.

603qIpy4.jpg

Known bug since early 1.0's. Below 1Mm you can't enter non-physics warp (so 0.2Mm~1Mm is a magic area where you can only warp if you're already in warp from outside). Try not to exit warp as much as possible (impossible for aerobrake, but you might be good if you just need gravity assist).

31 minutes ago, FancyMouse said:

Known bug since early 1.0's. Below 1Mm you can't enter non-physics warp (so 0.2Mm~1Mm is a magic area where you can only warp if you're already in warp from outside). Try not to exit warp as much as possible (impossible for aerobrake, but you might be good if you just need gravity assist).

I had to unwarp for a 250 delta v braking burn, but then got stuck in acceleration mode afterward.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.