What did you build two years ago?

Ahh the memories. First thing I have screenshots of is not really that far back in December 2014. I hadn't really understood physics till then or put any time in the game in the about 6 moths before that I had had the game. My first shots were of my space shuttle attempt never got the damn thing to reenter and ascent was a living hell but ahh good times, good times. Other shots of were my Orion replica. I think it was the Orion launch that really got me into the game. Before that I had only made it to the moon probably 3 times and have never left the Kerbin system. This was all in my old save before I dropped my laptop and couldn't play ksp for another 3 months.

ENGAGE THE TIME MACHINE!

at 2014-ish I began making military craft a-la Macey Dean style as fodder for the newly inaugrated Naval Battle Club thread that just started. My two particular creations were the Griselbrand-class corvette and the Thraben-class Cruiser

Z7oebKc.jpg

X2dqA6J.jpg

Of course, compared to the many other ships also present in the thread neither proved particularly effective at taking damage though their Bol-class missiles remain to this day a pretty effective arnament in any KSP Military ship.

Otherwise I wasn't particularly active, the devs shut down the Roleplay section a year before and the Kerbal Powers game (the spiritual successor) I couldn't be significantly interested in. I still ended up making more ships a year after following the discovery of HatBats Kethane Station series and today, there is a new fleet of now-effective ships with the Griselbrand II replacing its predecessor and the Avacyn-class Assault Carrier replacing the Thraben

For those that want to give them a try, here are some download links

Thraben Cruiser

Griselbrand I Corvette

I got KSP at the very tail-end of 2014, no known screenshots of this 'Dark Age' era, mostly learning how to make orbit and many failed attempts at SRB only luanches

I may have a few screen shots but I would have to dig deep into many old files shoved away, the  'my photos' folder is like an old CIA warehouse of Screenshots for reporting Hackers online to memes to many craft screenshots for a forum story series that never really got started, maybe I should start it up one day....

6 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

Mun City took me weeks to assemble piece by piece...

dXsfrHt.png

...and this speaks for itself,

c4siOu4.png

JR

You truly are a god of ksp JR. P.S. any chance of having downloads for that hanger of awesomness

34 minutes ago, Jackvony said:

You truly are a god of ksp JR. P.S. any chance of having downloads for that hanger of awesomness

You're in luck - I have the craft file HERE but you'll need KSP version 0.23.5 in order to view it properly (BTW, that particular file has well over 1000 parts, just to warn you).  Strangely enough I don't even have a build of KSP that's old enough to check it out and make sure it's all there. 

Ironically I used an updated craft based on the Blockade Runner pictured above in a recent video - I blew it up so I won't be releasing that file but I'm building a newer and better version that I will be releasing soon.

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

2 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

You're in luck - I have the craft file HERE but you'll need KSP version 0.23.5 in order to view it properly (BTW, that particular file has well over 1000 parts, just to warn you).  Strangely enough I don't even have a build of KSP that's old enough to check it out and make sure it's all there. 

Ironically I used an updated craft based on the Blockade Runner pictured above in a recent video - I blew it up so I won't be releasing that file but I'm building a newer and better version that I will be releasing soon.

JR

Thanks so much. Time to download 0.23.5 just to view lol.

Found a picture of my first fully functional stock ksp helicopter. Looks and seems so amateur compared to my designs today. But then again this was almost more than two years ago before these helicopters matured enough to come to the forum. Although highly antiquated and amateur looking this paved the way to my crazy stock rotating mechanisms today.

1Dvj1ts.jpg

Edited by Jon144

I built a large scale Duna base, using Constellation style landers and rocket powered VTOL spaceplanes. Mods used those days were Infernal Robotics, KWS Rocketry, Kerbal Attachment System and RealChute, besides Procedural Fairings. [edit] - I forgot to mention the Kethane Mod, ScanSat and RasterPropMonitors.

Flo6q2c.png

LtYZmim.png

oFA4ARe.png

...and explored the Joolian system

o5tdnNf.png

...landed probes on all of Jools moons...

V2Heex8.png

...and i really miss the mod with those awesome stockalike VTOL engines...

xcMoaQa.png

Edited by Frank_G

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.