Staging sequence gets messed up without my intervention

Hello everyone

I've become quite addicted to this game recently, and although I've never had this much fun with a computer game, sometimes it makes me want to rip my hair out.

I have been testing an Eve lander and ascent craft on Kerbin, and finally got to the point in development where I could test its landing ability. Lands like a dream, however, when I was about to jettison all the unnecessary parts for re-ascension (everything is attached to radial decouplers), all that happened was that every single stage that was left on the craft got jumbled together in one stage, and not a single stage goes off. If a try to fire off this last mega stage (which would
inevitably  end in catastrophe) nothing happens. If I try to redo the stages (a ridiculously painful task with 200 decouplers), everything goes back to its pointless mega stage, not doing anything at all. (Manual decoupling does not work either).

As a side note, the resources tab tells me I have 55 as maximum electric charge, as opposed to over 3000 before take off. The batteries are still attached mind you and the decouplers on the batteries have not fired).  The only mods I have installed is KER and Mechjeb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: I think I've found the fault. Seems the landing was a tad too fast and snapped off the final stage with the command pod without actually causing any visible damage. Hupps, apologies.

Edited by Bonnskij

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.