Where to get old versions of KSP?

Mr. Quark

On 4/2/2016 at 5:30 AM, steve_v said:

Sure, about as unfair as not giving Store customers any way to test the 1.1 prerelease.

Squad, this fragmentation of your customer base needs to stop.

On 4/2/2016 at 5:33 AM, steve_v said:

Since Squad are uploading to both places, i really don't see what's so hard about uploading the same files to both locations.

Really beginning to feel like Squad just doesn't give a fat rats hiney about store customers now that they're on steam...

It's obvious you are totally ignorant to the issues at hand and the reason this is all happening to begin with. The upgrade to Unity 5 has required the devs to tinker with large portions of the game. The update to 1.1 is the single largest update that Squad has ever done for KSP. It also includes a 64bit version as well, so that needs to be tested too. I think (I might be wrong on the number) there are only about 100 or so testers for normal updates. This update is HUGE and having additional folks to play and test will help find bugs quicker.

The pre-release is just like experimentals in that new builds are compiled almost daily to include bug fixes. In order to properly test software, everyone must be running the newest build. The issue with the store is that there is no way to force people to update for the new builds. This means some players who were testing would be on the wrong version and that only leads to confusion and more work for the devs during the debugging process. That leaves only the steam client as a reliable option for including people in the testing of the 1.1 update. 

So there are two viable choices. Keep testing internal and take a lot longer to test. Allow some players to opt-in to help test the update and push it towards a release quicker than if it had been done internally.

I get that everyone just wants to play with the shiny new things, but Squad is more concerned with making sure the release isn't delayed and is as stable as possible. 

You can read the entire changelog to see how big this update is below.  

8 hours ago, Ziff said:

In order to properly test software, everyone must be running the newest build. The issue with the store is that there is no way to force people to update for the new builds.

[derail]Patcher patcher patcher patcher.[/derail]

Gone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.