[1.1.2] No Overheating

Markelius

Hello fellow Kerbalnauts! Have you ever started a drill or ISRU, only to be frustrated when it either takes forever to max it's efficiency, overheats, or needs a massive amount of NearFuture radiators or solar panels to dissapate the heat, which aren't always reliable? Wish the stock drills and ISRUs worked the same way Karbonite did before 1.0? Then you need...

No Overheating
Download on Spacedock [works with 1.1.2, probably 1.0+ too]

This mod is just a simple couple of Module Manager patches, which completely remove the core heat system on Drills and ISRUs. Just start them up and let them do their thing. It also removes the core heat system on RTGs, I wasn't sure if they actually had any effect but I removed them just to be sure.

It also works with  Kerbal Planetary Base SystemsModular Rocket Systems, and Near Future Electrical, but does not require them.

It does however, REQUIRE Module Manager. You can get it here.

That's all, and happy mining!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

33 minutes ago, Markelius said:

Which MKS parts overheat? I didn't include any patches for MKS parts, if that's what you're asking.

NVM for some reason i thought MKS drills had the heat thingy..:blush:

• 3 months later...
On 13/08/2016 at 3:23 PM, howtoodo said:

snip

The cheat doesn't function the same way this mod does, you still have to wait around for stuff to become efficient and with the cheat they'll just go into the dangerous range of heat and become inefficient.

With the mod you don't need to use the cheat, and things function efficiently right off the bat.

• 3 years later...
On 5/2/2016 at 6:35 PM, Markelius said:

That's all, and happy mining!

Hello, this mod is still actual and i`d like to adopt it - giving proper credits to you - to support nearly any modded or unmodded drill and converter and fix some other ISRU-related bugs, do you permit it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.