Looking for a certain mod whose name I can't remember

lude

but with the mod you were able to reuse rockets/pods/ssto if you managed to land them again, as in exactly the same craft after recovering, been looking on spacedock and the forums for a while but no luck tho will just continue to sift through spacedock under newest category, hope it was posted there and not just on the forum.

44 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I think Kerbal Konstructs  (or one of the packs based on it) might have a feature like this. Otherwise possibly Hangar?

Or, rather ironically, perhaps Kerbal Construction Time...?

Because:

On 8/30/2014 at 3:40 AM, magico13 said:

Features

• Recover and reuse the EXACT same plane or rocket. SSTO's and planes now can be refuelled and reused in much less time than building a new one. Just open up the KCT menu after landing and click the Recover Active Vessel button. Not all parts may work properly, so you may need to add to the list of modules to get reset. Warning: KSP isn't really designed for this, and weird things can happen. Report them, with logs, and I'll see if I can fix it. Here is a list of known issues related to this and causes: https://github.com/magico13/KCT/issues/82

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

I thought that, but the recovery mechanic is such a minor feature in comparison to the others that I figured they'd mention the whole "time" thing if they were looking for KCT. :P

Sometimes, what we feel is a minor feature is the only thing someone else uses of the whole mod.

Kinda like kids and toys: bring 'em a brandspanking new state of the art latest model thingamajig that can do 21 things while playing music... and a day later it's laying under a bed unused and the kids are making a castle out of the darn box. :confused:

(mind you, the box is pretty nifty and awesome to play with. And so is that 'minor' feature of KCT :wink:)

3 hours ago, lude said:

but with the mod you were able to reuse rockets/pods/ssto if you managed to land them again, as in exactly the same craft after recovering, been looking on spacedock and the forums for a while but no luck tho will just continue to sift through spacedock under newest category, hope it was posted there and not just on the forum.

There is also:

Edited by sebi.zzr

I'm using KCT and the mod I'm looking for is what I wanted to use with KCT but in worst case, KCT might be the mod I'm looking for if it does that.

Wow it really is :E sorry for the thread and lots of thanks for clearing that up for me, I spent ~20 minutes checking spacedock and kerbal release section for something to jump to my eye

I wanted to try FMRS but understood that it only manages stages, I'll have a second look

now to make a list of what modules need to be reset with the mods i have :E

4 minutes ago, lude said:

I'm using KCT and the mod I'm looking for is what I wanted to use with KCT but in worst case, KCT might be the mod I'm looking for if it does that.

Wow it really is :E sorry for the thread and lots of thanks for clearing that up for me, I spent ~20 minutes checking spacedock and kerbal release section for something to jump to my eye

I wanted to try FMRS but understood that it only manages stages, I'll have a second look

now to make a list of what modules need to be reset with the mods i have :E

Ha, that's really entertaining! :D Note that if you're running KSP 1.1.2, KCT hasn't been fully updated yet so you'll have to use the pre-releases (there are a few bugs, but nothing bad). It's not updated to 1.1.2 on SpaceDock yet, so that's probably why you couldn't find it.

FMRS is indeed only for managing stages and is a way to recover things you decouple (but you have to actively fly them down to the ground, StageRecovery does it automatically but you can't actually switch to them afterward because they're "recovered"). FMRS could be useful for recovering planes or other large launchers like that.

If you need any other help, don't worry, we don't mind "silly" questions :)

Luckily that's the version I'm using so far is fun, was a bit surprised by the research time but another good function.

Oh next restart I'll try FMRS hope the 1.1 works on 1.1.2 on the github I don't find anything current.

And I like these kind of mods they make the game a bit harder and every so much learnt stuff I like having the game a bit morre trying.

Hehe thanks, there probably will be many questions in my future

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.