Benefits of Karbonite over stock fuel

I keep on leaning towards installing Karbonite, but I'm not sure what the benefits are- is it that as a resource it is much more accessible than ore? Are the engines superior? If you use Karbonite, tell me about your experiences with it!

the engines are greedy but the fuel being free, it makes up for it.

And if you use UKS you can transform karbonite to water and other stuff that you cant with ore.

Im still using karbonite(which I switched to from kethane 2 years ago), never tried the stock ore mining yet as I am just used to Karbo :wink:

11 hours ago, merlinux said:

the engines are greedy but the fuel being free, it makes up for it.

And if you use UKS you can transform karbonite to water and other stuff that you cant with ore.

Im still using karbonite(which I switched to from kethane 2 years ago), never tried the stock ore mining yet as I am just used to Karbo :wink:

Very high on thrust but burns really fast. I think the benefits that if you seriously spam 'karbonite exospheric harvester', you'll be able to visit everywhere (although it adds weight, which is pointless). Alternatively, you can convert karbonite into stock fuels to use on high ISP engines. Win?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.