Stuck in the Tracking Station

RizzoTheRat

I've had a few times now where I've returned to the tracking station from an ongoing mission and found it's not showing any craft and the exit to KSC button doesn't work.  Only way I've found to get out is to the close the game and re-open.  Is this a known issue anyone else is having or possible related to a mod? (Scansat, RemoteTech and KER currently installed)

This is soemthing I have experienced a few times. I have SCANSat and RemoteTech as well, but I have never tried to dig into which mod was actually causing the issue. There are enough crashes in KSP that I spam the F5 key so when it crashes, it is just an annoyance as I have to restart.

Get rid of one mod, test the tracking station, get rid of another, test, repeat, rinse, repeat, test, repeat.

Multi-mod installs are way too complicated to track down and identify the issue without attempting the above method.

When your game first loaded, did you have a strange angle view of the KSC as well?

I find that happens to me if I click to start loading a save, and then change focus to another window while I wait.

If I leave the game focused until the KSC view appears, then everything is fine.

I had this problem in the astronaut centre.

it was caused by a corrupt save resulting from a corrupt craft where all 3 kerbals were showing up in the portraits even though one of the pods had exploded.

when it came to recovery, the kerbal was dead and my problems began.

16 hours ago, spink00 said:

Get rid of one mod, test the tracking station, get rid of another, test, repeat, rinse, repeat, test, repeat.

Multi-mod installs are way too complicated to track down and identify the issue without attempting the above method.

Yeah, but if figured it's worth checking on here to see if it's a well known issue.  Sounds like it is.  I'll make sure my mods are up to date and then if I'm still getting it try the pre-release RemoteTech.  Trouble is it's an occasional issue so hard to say if it's fixed or not until it happens again.

I have had it load in at a different angle view of the KSC a few times, but not sure if those were the same times where I had this issue, I'll keep an eye on that one.

Held hostage?!

Deploying Kerbal Taktical Team!*

-Jn-

* Please remain calm. You may experience a slight delay in your rescue experience. Please do not be alarmed by extraneous explosions, stray munitions, or friendly fire. Not liable for any damage to property, bystanders or hostages. Additional charges** may apply.

** MOAR BREACHING CHARGES!

Edited by JoeNapalm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.