Asking Unity to give you just key events that nobody else consumes.

So, if you have a MonoBehaviour, it can ask Unity to inform it about all keyboard events, and when you are told about a keyboard event you can choose to:

• ignore it, or
  • do something with it, and consume it, or
  • do something with it, and don't consume it so it can still be passed on to other parts of the game

What is the best way to tell Unity I'd like to be lastmost in the key processing order, such that I want to give all other mods (and stock) "first dibs" on consuming the key event so I won't be told about it if they consume it?

This is so I can make it possible for people using kOS to catch any keypress that occurs "outside" the terminal window UNLESS that keypress is used by something else first.  (i.e. it can't read "W" because "W" will be consumed by stock, making it pitch down the vessel.)  Thus people could make a kOS script that triggers a bit of code based on a key you can hit during flight without having to shift focus to the terminal window first to do it.  (But I don't want to be rude to other mods and steal keypresses away from them).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.