whats that all about (x1)

So im going through the tutorial and im doing the one were you build your first major rocket for orbiting kerbin. Near the end of the tutorial Kerbal green is it tells me to rotate the rocket so has to get an easterly launch after twisting and turning the rocket by selecting pod eventualy the NEXT sign lights up telling me ive placed the rocket in a position for an easterly launch. This position is with the rocket in a horizontal position with the engines facing the hanger opening. The next wouldnt light up if it was not in the right position right ok. Now you cant test this rocket has that is in the next tutorial. Thing is i am now playing career mode and at the point where i can build my first orbiting craft. So after build i want a easterly launch right it say so in the tutorial. So while in the hanger i put my rocket in the same position has the tutorial asked me to do east is best right. Howerver on taking the rocket to the launch site i find its on its belly horizontl a position that you can not launch from. To my question. Whats that all about?

I hope you managed to figure it out! its telling you to rotate the rocket along its vertical axis(one might call it a twist), so that when you launch you use up and down to move easterly, rather than left or right. 

Personally i never do this lol  the only thing i align is my boosters so that they are on the sides, rather than top to bottom.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.