Kerbal Rescue Challenge

Welcome to the Kerbal Rescue Challenge!

I have a savegame available here with one Kerbal stranded on every planet and moon.  

Your mission is to rescue as many of them as possible to get a score of up to 14 points (1 per Kerbal).  

They must be landed safely at Kerbin to count!  Many of them have the ship they landed nearby (usually a 3-4 part small lander, generally out of fuel, probably useless except for the Moho ion ship), which you may leave behind or try to use in some way.  These do not count against your number of launches.  Some rescues will be very easy, some will be VERY difficult, getting the last few points will be very challenging.  I'm pretty sure nobody will get a 14 kerbal score on a single launch.

Score will be the number of Kerbals you are able to rescue, and in the event of a tie (quite likely as max score is 14) the winner will be the player that used the fewest launches to complete the mission.  Time will not be scored, either in game time or IRL time, so post your results as soon as you have rescued a few, and I will update your score as it improves. Please post which Kerbals you have rescued, and how many launches so far.

Just for fun, I actually flew the mission to strand all the Kerbals in a single launch (see spoiler tag below)

Spoiler

Mods are allowed, but will be noted next to your score.  All scores will be on the same board, with a special note for stock entries. To qualify as a stock entry, only informational and visual mods are permitted. KIS in particular would be a fun mod to tackle this with, and a cool way to use existing lander parts to help. No HyperEdit or debug menu etc is permitted.  Feel free to use ISRU, bases, refueling ships, whatever you like, just track total number of launches.

Scoreboard:

1)
2)
3)
4)

I'll be posting my rescues soon, and there will be a badge for competing, and a special badge for saving all 14 Kerbals.

Edited by Jetski

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.