RSS/RP-0 Rocket: Frontier I | Achieving Orbit With The Bare Minimum Technology

Realism Overhaul and its associated mods are incredible. I simply can't get enough of the challenges it provides. I usually don't have much time to play KSP, but following the successful tests of my rocket—Frontier I—and its very early engines, I have finally achieved orbit.

Getting to space was certainly not easy with these engines, noting that with TestFlight downloaded, I must limit the engines' burn times within a limit or they are sure to fail. As a result, two clusters of solid kick motors are used for the final push to orbit. Now, maybe I just spammed these kick motors a little too much. What do I mean by a little too much? Well . . . you can probably decide for yourself. But hey, it works fantastically. That's what matters, right? :wink:

Something weird happened with imgur and I can't seem to add the entire album here, but the picture below will take you there. Alternatively, there is this link: http://imgur.com/a/pyAdQ

osmhOh2.png

If you have any suggestions as to how to improve on this design or designs for the future, please leave a message. I will appreciate any input.

Edited by SyzygyΣE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.