0.625m and conical heatshields for ICBM construction

I am currently working on an Orbital Bombardment System and to my disamusement I have noticed the fact that all missiles immediately burn up upon entering the atmosphere at 4500 m/s. The problem behind this is clearly the lack of 0.625m heatshields as well as conical heatshields designed for usage with ballistic warheads or other things that should be pointy yet survive reentry. Those things are neither included in the stock game nor in any mod I know.

Can anybody recommend or create a mod or part pack which includes the afromentioned parts?

I have a 0.625m heatshield in my build, I assumed it came with deadly reentry? Also, if you have a bit of *.CFG experience, you can copy a 1.25m part and re-scale it 50%.

IIRC, FASA included a nuclear RV part, not sure if FASA is still operative, but its a pretty simple part, should still "work".

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2016 at 0:43 AM, MedwedianPresident said:

I am currently working on an Orbital Bombardment System and to my disamusement I have noticed the fact that all missiles immediately burn up upon entering the atmosphere at 4500 m/s. The problem behind this is clearly the lack of 0.625m heatshields as well as conical heatshields designed for usage with ballistic warheads or other things that should be pointy yet survive reentry. Those things are neither included in the stock game nor in any mod I know.

Can anybody recommend or create a mod or part pack which includes the afromentioned parts?

It may not be what you are looking for, but the KADEPT mod had a .625m expandable shield. I've updated it and released it as part of this pack. I'm not trying to hawk my own stuff, and it may not be what you are looking for, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.