Space Shuttle with kOs launch script

KSP 1.1.3 Space Shuttle with work in progress kOs autolaunch script

OaCfsO8.jpg

This my ksp Space Shuttle

It is capable of reaching a 80KM/80KM Circular orbit with 40 tons of cargo in its bay. The shuttle has a currently work in progress kOs script which is only half done, but I am working on finishing it soon.

The Shuttle has two Kickback Solid Boosters for the SRB's, 3 Vector Engines for main engines, and 2 Thud engines for the OMS.

Once in orbit after circulazation with OMS there is about 800-1000 Delta v left for orbital manuvering and de-orbit burn. The Shuttle also contans a docking port and RCS system.

Mods:

1. Stock

2. Mechjeb

3. kOs

Downloads, Scripts, and Launch instructions:

https://github.com/Unixkernel/kOs-Space-Shuttle

Warning! kOs script is not yet complete(I am trying to get it done ASAP) at this point manual launch will be required, remember roll program at launch, kOs script may be used for roll program but make sure to abort program shortly after.

Edited by unixkernel

15 hours ago, unixkernel said:

remember roll program at launch

You mean roll her 90° so you can pitch your way into orbit? Why don't you just rotate the craft in the VAB? Pick up the craft by the cockpit (or whatever your first part was) and WASD her into position ;-)

I like to turn her so you pich upwards (S) to go into orbit. The construction helps you because the CoM moves towards the shuttle and the CoT remains until the boosters burn out -> The craft helps you to pitch in the right direction.

Nice shuttle btw!

Edited by Shadow dream

Yes occasionaly I will simply rotate the shuttle in the VAB to skip the roll program, but I did this to make it as similair to the real Space Shuttle which had to execute a roll program because Cape Canaveral was not located on the equator. Basically I put the roll program in because it looks cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.