Kerbal Navy Shipyard (navy base for my fleet)

I taught that since it doesn't seem that a fix to the album problems is anywhere close. It was finally time to do a showcase of my KNS navy base.

Yes, i was supposed to make this post about a month or so ago.

Anyway, lets get to the actual subject of today.

It felt like it would be a good idea to find myself a more trouble free method of launching ships, because veering of the runway is dangerous and takes way too much time.

From, that idea, i started to think that what would be the best method for this. There was a boat launch facility of sort's already in KK, but it was for small motorboats, not for large cruisers and battleships.

So, i taught that the best method would be to use a runway as a ship ramp. But since i didn't know that from witch end of the runway ships would get launched from, i ended up with another more interesting solution.

GZEsUa1.png

The ships would be underwater at first, and would then float on top. But as you might expect, a lot of them just exploded underwater.

Another idea that i had was to put the runway underwater just enough so that i could retract the landing gears and then just float all nicely. I taught that this would end up being quite dangerous as well, so it never materialized.

So in the end, i just settled for a nice ramp that allows me to just gently slide into water without any danger.

KzICjgD.png

That's about all the important info about the base, the rest is just picks of the base shot with the same quadcopter that i used to build the base with.

Picks of  the base

Spoiler

owcrCTN.png

First off we see a nice view of the main airbase. What you see at the back are our old airship hangars, that where torn down from their original site and where totally rebuilt for our new base of operation.

And below is a better look at the secondary hangars, and our stand/refueling area. You can also see the hill racing course high way that connects the airbase and the naval base.

OAeOLK7.png

NOTE: we do not advise using the road as a downhill racing circuit, our superiors are quite fed up collecting Kerbals from building walls and/or the ocean.

WrcD2xw.png

Alright, time to take a look at the naval base section of the base.

The pick below gives a good birds eye view of the entire naval base.

hpW7P8q.png

In the pick below you'll get to see a closer look at the storage and manufacturing area of the base.

KKCFcKS.png

And on the pick below, you'll get to see the administration area of the base.

GUzAthV.png

No, we do not control fleet movements from this base, we only build, rearm and refuel it.

Instructions for building your own base

Spoiler

So, you'll propably want to know that how it's possible to build your own base.

Well, if you want better instructions than mine, first of all i suggest checking out the main post for the mod, since it has some good instructions on how to do it.

What i did, is that i only downloaded the statics pack because i didn't want any premade bases littered around Kerbin.

But, if you want short and simple instructions, well, here they are.

1. find yourself a suitable place on witch to establish your base, i suggest something flat, cuz otherwise there will be a lot of floating objects.

iimNvMJ.png

2. once you have found this site, you'll need to land on it, because every static object you start placing will spawn on your location, unless you copy the position of another object and use that.

3. once you've landed, press Ctrl-K to open the menu from witch spawn new static objects.

XvfdBlp.png

Clicking on the title for the object will make one spawn, and clicking on the category will narrow down the search to that category.

4. Now just select any object you want to spawn in, and bam, there it is. Now just use the new menu to move the object to it's position. You can also use the menu to make runways and hangars functional (their just props by default).

zeeNCZv.png

All the stuff in the menus should be pretty self explandatory these days, so i wont have to go into details.

5. Now it's just rince and repeat: select a new object and move it to the wanted position.

And there it is pretty much, a nice little base of operations for my fleet, so i hope you enjoyed looking at it :). And i hope it gives you ideas for your own possible bases.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.