Swap SAS button position of radial in and out.

When toggling SAS on in sandbox (ver. 1.1.3) mode I get two columns of markers left of the navball.

The left column is (~) Stability Assist, :prograde: prograde, :normal: normal, :radial:radial out and :targetpro: target.

The right column is :maneuver: maneuver, :retrograde: retrograde, :antinormal: anti-normal, :antiradial:radial in and :targetretro: retro-target.

There is a certain logic to the layout, the left column is pro-column and the right is anti-column. As such I think it would make sense if radial in and radial out swapped places with each other.

Is the layout unaltered in KSP 1.2 prerelease?

What do you think about the radial in versus radial out ?

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

I think of radial out as radial and radial in as antiradial, the current layout makes sense to me.

Thank you for the quick answer. I am convinced that you are not the only one then. In that case we better keep things as they are now.

For the sake of confusing people we should stay like we are, and because in physics there is often the right hand rule, a right hand coordinate system would put radial out as the positive part of that axis too if you put prograde as the primary coordinate which makes sense because prograde will always be prograde no matter how you define the other ones.

Edited by Navy2k

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.