A couple of 1.2 questions... fuel flow & textures

So I have downloaded 1.2...  maybe I read something wrong somewhere so if I have please ignore my first question:

1, Fuel Flow display / overlay.
I read on 'DevNote Tuesday' (and saw a dev picture) a few weeks back, maybe a month or more, that there would be a new fuel flow overlay in the build screens to show the direction & priority of fuel flow.  I cannot find this option or see anything that looks like the screenshot I saw.  Did this make it into v1.2 or have I misunderstood how this functionality works?

2, Low Res Textures (even when 'Fantastic' mode is set)
My PC is good enough to max out the KSP settings so I run everything on the highest graphics settings.  I noticed that some parts are worse than others but notably the large SAS module (the dark grey one) has some very poor texture quality even with the maximum texture quality mode enabled.  I am aware that when you change this setting in the Graphics menu a restart is required but even then, yes they do improve but no where near what I would call 'fantastic'.  I don't run 4K res or anything like that, just a standard 1920x1200.  Is this normal or am I expecting too much?

thanks,

1.) This is available via Advanced Tweakables, which must be enabled in the game settings (General category).

2.) Textures can only be downgraded in quality, never upgraded, by a software routine. The maximum graphics settings are therefore an 1:1 representation of that the source texture looks like. If that still results in an ugly part, then the source texture is just that poor quality, I'm afraid. (Stuff like this is why everyone is waiting with bated breath for the planned rocketry part revamp. You can play around with a preview as an optional download here. Or as a picture, here.)

Edited by Streetwind

I have Advanced Tweakables turned on in General settings... still can't see fuel flow.
Found it :P

Those new Rocketry parts don't include revamps to all parts, the SAS module is the texture that most bothers me.

Edited by sysigy

That's odd, 'cause it works for me... just rightclick on any tank or engine, and the option to display the overlay should be there. I just went ingame and verified that that is exactly how it works.

Oh, one caveat: works only for resources which actually have a flow mode. Vessel-global resources, like electric charge, monopropellant or xenon gas, don't have a fuel flow overlay - because they don't need it. They are always available to all parts.

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.