Trouble with SAS

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting SAS to work properly. I thought it was an error in construction, so I tried it in the orbiting 101 tutorial and it doesn't work there either.

On both custom ships and in the tutorial, I can enable RCS and SAS, but if I select the stabilise option nothing happens. If I select the prograde setting, the RCS boosters power up and starts spinning the craft into a crazy spin.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

without seeing it can be hard to tell andni havent played the tutorials so idno what the craft loo like, but have you tried it without rcs? a reaction wheel should be able to point yor craft where you want. i tend to keep rcs for docking translation, and turning very large ships in orbit.

What exactly do you mean by "it does nothing"?

I guess that question probably means "have you played KSP before?".

If you've played before and you are certain it isn't working, it could be a corrupted install. Making a backup, deleting the game folder then reinstalling afresh might be a good idea.

I played a while ago when it was in beta and just come back to it. It worked back then for sure.

I tried re-installing just to be sure, but it's still not working.

I also made a video and uploaded here: 

Hopefully that will give an idea as to what's up. It's easy enough to stop the spinning manually, but the SAS doesn't work. It kind of works initially, but then it stops.

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I played a while ago when it was in beta and just come back to it. It worked back then for sure.

I tried re-installing just to be sure, but it's still not working.

I also made a video and uploaded here: 

Hopefully that will give an idea as to what's up. It's easy enough to stop the spinning manually, but the SAS doesn't work. It kind of works initially, but then it stops.

Thanks!

OK, well your pitch control is constantly on, pitching down.

I was going to suggest cancelling trim (alt-X) but when you engage SAS it should automatically negate any trim (it takes over, and trim only returns when you press an input).

Do you have any controllers or joysticks or something connected? Something it creating that pitch input, and whenever there is input, SAS disengages to let you fly manually.

Beyond that I can't help - this is more a "technical support" question than gameplay...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.