[0.16] Empty Stock Crew Pods

SquirrelMachine

Some people were asking for empty crew pods to be created for various purposes. I did a simple config edit of the parts, similar to the original unmanned crew pod mod, to create empty versions of all of the stock crew pods. While it is simple enough to do this editing on your own, I figure this makes sharing of .craft files easier. I make no guarantees about functionality or lack of bugs. In my own testing they seem to work fine, but cause Kerbals to appear very white. Seems to be simply a visual issue. May include a screenshot or two later if necessary, but they are simply stock edits, so I don\'t really think its required.

Split into two parts due to upload limit, attached at bottom of this and next post.

UPDATE: Noticed like 15 minutes after posting this that someone else already did it. Would take this topics down if I could figure out how, but whatever. An empty pod is an empty pod, no matter who did it.

UPDATE 2:Since I\'m continuing to use these myself, I figured I\'d keep them updated in case I uploaded any .craft files that used them. Changed part type to SASModule to restore the pod\'s torque value and made them radially attachable.

Someone else made similar empty pods here:http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=16824.0. Not sure if their version would fix the issue or not. I get the feeling its simply something we have to deal with when we use these kinds of edits. I\'m not a modder or anything, I just did a simple config edit, so unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this issue. Also, keep in mind these are simply struts which can hold Kerbals, when detached they will not be controllable unless mechjeb is used.

Someone else made similar empty pods here:http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=16824.0. Not sure if their version would fix the issue or not. I get the feeling its simply something we have to deal with when we use these kinds of edits. I\'m not a modder or anything, I just did a simple config edit, so unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this issue. Also, keep in mind these are simply struts which can hold Kerbals, when detached they will not be controllable unless mechjeb is used.

While yes, engines don\'t work, you have full access to all the right-clickable parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.