Apollo Program TV Transmissions (8, 10, 11, etc) *Constantly Updating*

JJJacksonTyler

Hey fellow Kerbonauts. I put a bunch of raw footage from the Apollo Program on my channel that doesn't make it into these little "documentary" films that I like to make as a hobby. I know there are some of you nuts out there who appreciate this slow-paced stuff but there are some really awesome views of the Earth, the Moon, etc. I have most if not all of the TV transmissions from the Apollo Program. They are unlisted because I use them primarily for private screenings, etc. I will be posting the complete Apollo 8 and Apollo 10 transmissions here, and Apollo 11 will follow soon (it's all processing in Vegas right now). I DID buy this footage, which also factors into the reason why I'm not making it a public video. There's some weird laws with the United States' copyright system, however I always contest every single claim (made by archive companies) on the grounds that N.A.S.A footage is in the public domain as stated on NASA websites blah blah blah.

Anyways, here you go.

APOLLO 8 COMPLETE TV

APOLLO 10 TV 1 (Translunar)

APOLLO 10 LUNAR ORBIT

APOLLO 10 TRANSEARTH

There are a couple things I think should be mentioned as well on my part;

Apollo 8 is slightly sped up. This is a trick I learned with slow-scan TV cameras which have horrible frame-blending. Of course, this also means the audio gets out of sync, so I re-align it and cut out periods of mundane or boring chatter. I hope you can understand. I prefer picture quality over audio/picture sync. I do the same thing with Apollo 10 footage except only on external shots.

Second; The GET times are not ENTIRELY accurate, but they are close. The reason for this (and the very long transitions) is because I, being a horrifying nerd, like to watch these transmissions on my second monitor as I play Orbiter 2010's AMSO mod on my first one. The transition length is required so that I can complete AMSO tasks and still hit the marks around the same time. Sorry about that.

Third; As sad as it is, this footage is so rare in this quality that there is a system in place that makes it possible for people to make a living off of selling it. While I'm sure those people would be just as happy as me if this footage was paraded around the streets every day, I'm not looking to ruin incomes here, so don't ask me to make this video public because of that. (I'm sure you could find this somewhere deep inside the internet anyways, however my own searches have proved unfruitful).

I hope you can enjoy. 

P.S. The crew of Apollo 10 are a bunch of goofballs.

Edited by JJJacksonTyler

Apollo 11 Translunar TV broadcasts. Some very rare footage of CDR Armstrong sleeping/food demonstrations by Buzz Aldrin. Great clarity of Earth view, although colors aren't as vibrant as on the Apollo 10 TV camera. 

Apollo 11 lunar orbit TV broadcasts. This is actually two separate broadcasts compressed into a single chunk of video. One occurred before landing, and one occurred after.

*EDIT*: Slightly better quality than the Celestron "supermoon" livestream!

Apollo 11's Transearth TV broadcasts, including final sentiments by the crew. More great footage of the interior of Columbia. 

Edited by JJJacksonTyler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.