Does the Umbra Space Industrie mod "full Package" is balanced?

Ieyasu

Hello here,

I'm new on this forum, and in some way, also new in KSP ("only" 450 hours of played in my steam account)

I love the stock game but I want to improve the realism of my career mode, so I have installed TAC, and it make the game a little bit harder, that is nice.

Actually, I would like to make a great mod stack for a new career mode, I would like to use Galileo, TAC, and the full package "umbra Space Industrie".

I have installed this one yesterday, but it was really confusing for me, it seems really that this mod broke the game and make it really easy, doesn't it? Is this mod balanced?
It add so much stuff that make the game easier that I hesitate to use it (news engines, structs, etc...).

May someone give me his opinion about this mod stack?

Thank you,

Ieyasu

It actually makes the game much harder - but most of it is in knowing what you need where and when, not just in launching it.  You'll need to account for the wear and tear on your drills and ISRU's, the fact that most resources take several steps to build, and that you'll need to ship things around.  If you installed the full pack, you probably also got USI-LS, which will mean you not only have to worry about supplies (like in TAC-LS...), but you'll need to worry about how much space your Kerbals have to move around in - and and how long they've been away from home.

It's a nice set, and don't make any decisions on it until you've seen what it does overall in practice.  Yes there are a few really powerful engines - that'll take millions if not billions of funds to fuel.  (You can find the fuel off-world... It a couple of *very* hard to get to places.)  Or there are some moderately powerful engines - which will burn more fuel than you think.  Or there are a variety of more normal LFO engines.  Etc.  It's a set that's designed to be more than just parts, and you have to look beyond the parts to how everything works to see the real balance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.